Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Cream Pasta makes an easy weeknight meal that can be prepared in under 20 minutes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights and the amount of spice is easily varied.
This recipe is based on one of the most popular recipes on Spicy Southern Kitchen- Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta.
The addition of shrimp doesn’t take much extra time since they cook up so quickly and it’s one of the easiest ways to add a protein to a pasta dish.
I use a jar of spaghetti sauce to really simplify things. Sauteed onion, garlic, plus some Italian seasoning boosts up the flavor.
And 1/2 cup heavy cream gives creaminess and richness to this dish.
I used gemelli pasta, but feel free to use any pasta shape, even spaghetti or fettuccine. The spiciness comes from crushed red pepper flakes, making it easy to up the spice level by adding a few extra flakes at the end.
Spicy Shrimp with Tomato Cream Pasta is the perfect comfort food for warmer months because it’s hearty and filling without being overly rich and heavy.
Watch a Quick Video My Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta Recipe Below.
(Just add shrimp to make this recipe.)
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Cream Pasta is made with a jar of spaghetti sauce for a quick and easy weeknight meal in only 20 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked according to package instructions (I used gemelli)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan. Add red pepper flakes and shrimp and cook about 1 minute per side or until completely pink. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and cook onion over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add spaghetti sauce, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning and simmer 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan and stir in pasta.
More Pasta Dishes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.