Shrimp Pasta Primavera is full of fresh veggies and shrimp in a creamy sauce flavored with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Everything can be made in one pot for easy clean-up. Great for a weeknight meal! This creamy, delicious pasta dish can be made in under 30 minutes.
To make this buttery and creamy Shrimp Pasta Primavera, start by melting some butter in a Dutch oven. You’ll want to go ahead and have your pasta cooked at this point and ready to add to the sauce.
Add all of your veggies that take a little longer to cook to the Dutch oven. I use broccoli, red bell pepper, onion, asparagus and mushrooms. But zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, eggplant, and sugar snap peas would work well too. This is a great recipe for using up whatever your garden produces.
Once they begin to get soft, add the peas, corn, chopped tomato, and garlic. Instead of using a plum tomato, try using cherry tomatoes.
Next add chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring it to a boil and add the shrimp. They only need about 3 minutes to cook. Make sure you stir the mixture frequently so that they cook evenly.
Next stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, and cooked pasta.
And there you have it. A wonderful, filling pasta meal with lots of fresh veggies and shrimp.
More Shrimp Recipes
- Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Cream Pasta
- Avocado, Shrimp, and Tequila Fettuccine
- Buttery Broiled Shrimp
- Bubba Gump Copycat Shrimp
- Cheesy Shrimp Alfredo
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet or red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut off
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium to large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 12 ounces cooked linguine
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, red bell pepper, onion, asparagus, and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are getting soft stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes,
- Add peas, corn, tomato, and garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and then add shrimp. Stir and simmer until shrimp are cooked through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, basil, and pasta. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.