Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes make a healthy side dish that’s packed full of flavor. They’re coated in a spice mixture that is both sweet and spicy and then roasted in a hot oven until brown and crispy.
I love the sweet taste of sweet potatoes and I love them even more in savory recipes with some spice than in straight up sweet recipes. The flavor contrast is SO good.
To make these Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small bite-sized pieces. I like them pretty small.
They are drizzled with olive oil and then coated in a spice mixture of chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, black pepper and some brown sugar.
Roast them in a 425 degree oven. Watch them carefully becasue you want to try to get them nice and browned but they will burn if you cook them too long.
Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes make a tasty side for chicken, pork, or beef and they also taste great served with over easy eggs for breakfast. Try tossing leftovers in a green salad with some feta cheese.
Try These Other Amazing Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Shake and Bake Sweet Potatoes
- Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Cloverfleaf Rolls
- Savory Sweet Potato Casserole
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat sweet potatoes evenly.
- Spread sweet potatoes out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.