Melting Sweet Potatoes are so tender and delicious. They literally melt in your mouth. Oven roasted sweet potatoes never tasted so good! They are nicely caramelized on the outside and wonderfully creamy and soft inside.
This is the sweet potato version of one of my very favorite potato recipes- Melting Potatoes.
Sweet potatoes don’t get quite as crispy or caramelized as regular potatoes since their moisture content is much higher, but they still taste absolutely divine.
These Melting Sweet Potatoes are cooked at a very high temperature so it is important to NOT use a glass baking dish. They run the risk of shattering under high heat.
Melting Sweet Potatoes make a fabulous accompaniment to beef, chicken, or pork and the leftovers taste great diced and added to a salad.
You can use chicken, beef, or vegetable broth to make these potatoes. Your choice.
Melting Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or chicken o vegetable broth)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place sweet potato slices in a single layer in a 9x13-inch pan. Do NOT use a glass pan.
- Combine butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over the sweet potatoes. Flip the potatoes over to make sure they are completely covered in the butter mixture.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip each sweet potato over and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Flip over again. Add the garlic and beef broth to the pan and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
More Potato Side Dishes