Shake and Bake Sweet Potatoes bake up wonderfully crunchy with a bread crumb, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese coating. Roasted sweet potatoes make a great accompaniment to any meal and are wonderfully easy to make.
The shake and bake coating on these sweet potatoes only takes a few minutes of prep time and produces the crispiest, most flavorful sweet potatoes ever.
The combination of the sweetness of the sweet potato coated in a savory mixture of breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese is simply divine. These sweet potatoes pair well with chicken, pork, or steak or they are a great addition to a vegetarian meal. They also make a delicious snack. I usually eat them right off the baking sheet. They’re that good.
These Shake and Bake Ranch Potatoes are another must try.
To make Shake and Bake Sweet Potatoes, combine a packet of Italian dressing mix with 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and some pepper in a ziptop bag. Add about 5 cups of diced sweet potatoes and shake to coat them.
Next add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of melted butter plus some grated Parmesan cheese. Shake the bag again and then dump the full contents of the bag onto a baking sheet. I think the combination of olive oil and butter adds extra flavor, but you could use all olive oil.
Bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes in a 400 degree F oven. Give them a stir and then bake for another 15 minutes. Next, watch them disappear in a hurry.
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Sweet Potato Quiche
- Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
Shake and Bake Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix, I use Good Seasons
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups diced sweet potatoes, (1/2-inch)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bread crumbs, Italian dressing, and black pepper in a large ziptop bag.
- Add sweet potatoes and shake to coat them.
- Add melted butter, olive oil and Parmesan cheese to bag and shake to coat again.
- Dump the contents of the bag onto a large, rimmed baking sheet. Spread them out evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir and bake another 15 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
6 thoughts on “Shake and Bake Sweet Potatoes”
Why would dry coating stick to the dry sweet potatoes? Don’t get that.
I coated the sweet potatoes in a mixture of butter and oil then dipped into the dry ingredients.
Aah! Much better!
The Panko didn’t stick at all. I’m left with a sheet pan of toasted breadcrumbs and roasted sweet potato chunks.
Flavor was great. My coating did not stick well though. Like sweet potatoes with crumbles. 🙂
I don’t like the video pop ups that don’t allow me to focus on your posted recipe
lol, I am watching it as I scroll past the whole recipe because I’m watching it. hahaha. spot on with your comment. major distraction.