Feta Shrimp Penne is so simple to make with fresh ingredients. Shrimp, cherry tomatoes, garlic, feta cheese, spinach, and lemon juice combine with pasta to make an amazing dinner.
This is my version of the recipe that went viral on TikTok. It’s a little bit spicy and wonderfully salty. If you are a lover of feta cheese, you will go back for seconds of this pasta.
Easy To Make
This baked feta pasta is not only really tasty, it is super easy to make. It takes about 40 minutes to make it start to finish, but most of that time is hands off.
The feta cheese and tomatoes get baked in the oven until the tomatoes start to burst. Baking them gets them fabulously sweet and fresh tasting and the feta cheese melts and wonderfully coats the pasta when you mix it in.
For a little extra tomato flavor, I like to add a few sun-dried tomatoes, but they are optional.
Feta Shrimp Penne Recipe Tips
I like to use Penne Pasta but any pasta shape can be used.
Fresh basil or parlsey can be added at the end for a burst of flavor. A little fresh rosemary would also work well.
You can make this recipe low carb by using zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Try These Other Amazing Seafood Pasta Recipes
- White Seafood Lasagna
- Crab Alfedo Shells
- Mardi Gras Pasta
- Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- Creamy Tortellini with Shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 1 1/2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) block) feta cheese
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes, optional
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add tomatoes to baking dish and place block of feta in the middle of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and pepper over the tomatoes and feta.Drizzle the olive oil over everything.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.While it bakes, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water. Drain.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes and shrimp on top of tomatoes and feta and return to oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Add penne, spinach, and lemon juice to baking dish and stir until evenly mixed. Mix in enough reserved pasta liquid to thin the feta sauce a little.