Buffalo Chicken Nuggets are fried until golden and then coated in a buttery buffalo sauce. Serve with Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping and you have a tasty appetizer or gameday snack.
Buffalo sauce anything is a win in my book. Scroll down for more Buffalo Recipes. The spicy flavor can’t be beat.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
Cubed chicken breast pieces are briefly soaked in buttermilk and then double coated in flour. Double coating them gives them an extra crispy coating.
The nuggets are then fried in oil and coated in Buffao Sauce. The Buffalo Sauce is a simple mixture of melted butter, hot sauce, and honey.
- For authentic buffalo wing flavor, use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
- If you want extra hot nuggets, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper to the sauce.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks.
- A thermometer is really handy for making sure the oil temperature is right. Too hot and the outside will burn before the insides are cooked through. Too low and they will soak up too much oil.
Try These Other Buffalo-Flavored Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta– can be made in under 20 minutes.
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins– another great gameday snack.
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers– combines the flavor of Buffalo Chicken Wings and Jalapeno Poppers.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese– extra creamy and spicy.
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili– so rich and creamy.
- Buffalo Shrimp Dip– a creamy, warm, and spicy shrimp dip with all the flavors of buffalo wings.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken pieces and buttermilk. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Place eggs in a small bowl.
- Place flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and baking powder in a large ziptop bag.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture, coat in egg, and then coat again in flour mixture.
- Pour 2 inches of oil in a deep pan and heat to 350 degrees.
- Working in batches, fry chicken for 4 to 5 minutes and then place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk together hot sauce, melted butter, and honey. Briefly heat in microwave if butter solidifies some.
- Drizzle chicken with desired amount of hot sauce and toss to coat. Any leftover sauce can be used for dipping.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.