Buffalo Shrimp are coated in seasonings, broiled and then tossed in a mixture of buffalo sauce and melted butter. Serve with a side of blue cheese dressing and you have an amazing spicy appetizer.
This quick and easy seafood appetizer only takes minutes to make. Because the shrimp are broiled, they are much healthier than the fried version, plus easier to make.
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Large shrimp
- Olive Oil
- Buffalo Sauce
- Melted Butter
How To Make Buffalo Shrimp
- Season the shrimp. Combine the seasonings in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and olive oil, and stir to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Broil shrimp. Place shrimp on a greased rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Broil for 3 minutes. Flip shrimp over and continue to broil until they are fully cooked.
- Coat in buffalo sauce. Stir together the buffalo sauce and melted butter and drizzle mixture on shrimp or toss them together in a bowl. I usually add only half the sauce and place the other half in a bowl for dipping.
- I live on the coast of South Carolina so I have access to really fresh shrimp. We can even catch them right off our dock certain times of year. If you don’t live near the coast, I recommend buying frozen shrimp. Because they are flash-frozen at sea, they are often fresher than the “fresh” shrimp sold at the supermarket. They are typically frozen shrimp that have been thawed and who knows how many days they have been sitting there.
- Shrimp do not need long at all to cook so be sure not to overcook them. They will have a rubbery texture if overcooked. Keep in mind that all broilers are different so use the cooking time as an estimate.
- I use Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce for this recipe. You can use another brand, but do not use hot sauce.
- If you don’t want to broil the shrimp, you can cook them in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Try These Other Delicious Shrimp Recipes
- Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Bacon and Shrimp
- Baked Honey Cajun Shrimp
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp
- Bourbon Shrimp
- Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp
- Easy Shrimp Spread
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup Buffalo sauce, I use Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Turn broiler on and spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and stir to coat.Drizzle olive oil over shrimp and stir again.
- Spread shrimp out on prepared baking sheet.Broil for 3 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and broil another minute or two or until they have completely turned pink.
- Stir together buffalo sauce and melted butter in a bowl.Place shrimp on a serving plate and drizzle half the buffalo sauce mixture over them. Serve with remaining buffalo sauce and blue cheese.