Slow Cooker Tuscan Sausage Soup is a creamy soup full of Italian sausage, potatoes, carrots, and kale. It’s loaded with flavor and makes a rich, hearty soup for cold weather.
How To Serve Slow Cooker Tuscan Sausage Soup
This creamy soup is perfect for a winter meal. Since it is so loaded with veggies and sausage, serve it with some fresh bread and you have a filling meal. A salad with Creamy Italain Dressing is also a great addition.
How To Make
Brown and crumble the sausage and then add the onion and celery so they get a little pre-cooked. Add all the ingredients except the heavy cream and kale to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Large Nonstick Skillet
- 6-Quart Slow Cooker- I love the Hamilton Beach Portable 6-Quart Set & Forget Digital Programmable Slow Cooker.
Leftovers will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave or in a pot on the stove.
Substitutions and Variations
- Spinach can be used instead of kale.
- Add crumbled, cooked bacon for extra flavor.
- Use russett potatoes instead of red potatoes
- Dried Italian seasoning or dried basil can be used instead of oregano.
- Use “Hot” Italian sausage for extra heat. Use “mild” for less heat.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Meatball and Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato and Kielbasa Chowder
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 red potatoes, diced
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups chopped kale
- freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brown and crumble sausage in a large nonstick skillet. Drain the grease off.Add the onion and celery and cook 3 minutes.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add garlic, oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes, carrots, potatoes, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir in heavy cream and kale. Cover and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.Serve with Parmesan cheese.