Slow Cooker Meatball and Tortellini Soup is full of meatballs, white beans, and tortellini in a rich and creamy tomato broth. Makes a deliciously easy family meal.
Easy To Prep
It only takes about 10 minutes of prep work and 6 1/2 hours in the slow cooker.
This is a dump and go recipe. No pre-cooking needed and it is super quick and easy to make with frozen meatballs and refrigerated tortellini.
This Tortellini Soup is rich, hearty and full of Italian flavor. And with the shortcuts, you can have it in the slow cooker in no time.
How To Serve
Add a side of garlic bread and a green salad with Creamy Italian Dressing and you have a full Italian-style meal.
Slow Cooker Meatball and Tortellini Recipe Tips
- You will need a 6-quart or larger slow cooker for this recipe.
- This soup is best eaten the day it is cooked. Overtime the tortellini soak up the liquid and it loses it’s soup-like quality and the tortellini get a little mushy.
- Instead of using 4 cans of beef broth, you can use 2 cans of chicken broth and two cans of beef broth.
- The beans can be left out if you don’t like them, or try adding some fresh spinach instead. It can be added when you add the tortellini.
- Really watch the clock after adding the tortellini to the slow cooker. You do not want to overcook them and they will continue to cook after you turn the slow cooker off.
- For extra flavor, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes To Try
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 4 (14.5-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces frozen Italian meatballs
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces frozen or refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Open slow cooker and stir in beans, tortellini, and heavy cream.
- Cover and cook on LOW another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.