Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is ultra creamy and full of ground beef, bacon, potatoes, carrots, and cheese. This easy crockpot soup is sure to be a family favorite.
With all the flavors of a classic cheeseburger, it is pure winter comfort food.
How To Make Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Brown the ground beef.
- Place the ground beef in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker along with 2 diced russet potatoes, 2 sliced carrots, a diced celery rib, a diced onion, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, dried basil, garlic powder, and chicken broth. Add half the bacon, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top of the finished soup.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours which should be long enough to get the potatoes tender.
- Stir in the Velveeta cheese and cream cheese and cook on LOW for 30 minutes to melt them.
- Stir really well to make sure the cheese is mixed in.
- Ladle into bowls and top with remaining bacon and some pickle slices if you like pickles.
For a meatier soup, use 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef.
Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days and reheated in the microwave.
Try These Other Delicious Slow Cooker Soups
- Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Meatball and Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- pickle slices, optional
- Brown and crumble the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet. Transfer it to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, garlic powder, and chicken broth.
- Set aside a little of the bacon to garnish the soup with and add the rest to the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Stir in the velveeta and cream cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes.Stir well to make sure the cheese is mixed in and melted.
- Ladle into bowl and top with bacon and pickles.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.