Slow Cooker Potato and Kielbasa Chowder is creamy, cheesy, and fabulously hearty. Best of all, the slow cooker does all the work for you.
This crock pot soup simmers in the slow cooker all day, giving the flavors plenty of time to build. Serve with some crusty French or Italian bread for a wonderful cold weather dinner.
Crock Pot Potato and Kielbasa Chowder is wonderfully easy to throw together in the morning. Since potatoes need a long time to get soft in the slow cooker, this is a recipe that’s perfect for getting started early in the day and letting the slow cooker do its thing while you go to work or tend to other things.
Some cheddar cheese and heavy cream get added last minute to give the chowder a cheesy, creamy flavor.
In addition to potatoes and sausage, this chowder also contains corn, onion, and garlic for flavor. For seasoning, there’s a bay leaf (be sure to fish it out at the end), thyme, and Cajun seasoning.
Slow Cooker Potato and Kielbasa Chowder Recipe Tips:
The amount of cajun seasoning perks up the flavors a little, but doesn’t make it spicy. If you want your chowder spicy, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
I like a combination of chicken broth and beef broth. Adding some beef broth gives the chowder a heartier flavor, but you can use all chicken broth.
Check for seasoning just before serving. Most likely you will have enough salt from the broth and Cajun seasoning, but you may need to add a pinch or two of salt.
What To Serve with This Cowder?
Try These other Slow Cooker Soup Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock Pot Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup
- Crock Pot Creamy Potato Beer Cheese Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder
Slow Cooker Potato and Kielbasa Chowder
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 16 ounces kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT heavy cream and cheddar cheese in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Discard bay leaf and stir in heavy cream and cheddar cheese. Place lid back on for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.Stir and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.