Cucumber Coleslaw- This creamy, crunchy coleslaw is the perfect side for any summer meal.
Full of both green and red cabbage, diced cucumber and shredded carrots, this coleslaw is wonderfully creamy. I eat cucumbers all summer long. They are inexpensive, low in calories, and their high water content makes them extremely hydrating. Scroll down for more Cucumber Recipes.
The creamy dressing is a simple mixture of mayonnaise, vinegar, a little sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seeds.
Instead of using a combination of green and red cabbage, you can use all one or the other.
Add some sliced red onion or sliced green onion for a little bite.
Thinly sliced red bell pepper is another great addition.
Sprinkle some pepitas on top just before serving for more flavor and a little crunch.
Chopped fresh dill or mint adds more summer flavor.
Want To Add Some Spice?
For spice, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Make Ahead and Storage
Make at least 1 hour in advance so the flavors have time to blend. I don’t recommend making it much more than 8 hours ahead of time. It loses its crunch and gets watery over time. Leftovers will keep for 24 to 48 hours.
More Cucumber Recipes
- Cucumber Dill Dressing
- Creamy Spicy Cucumbers
- Creamy Italian Cucumber Salad
- Ginger Sesame Cucumbers
- Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad
- Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seeds.
- Add green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, and cucumber and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.