Creamy Italian Cucumber Salad- crispy cucumber slices are coated in a wonderfully creamy and tangy dressing. So easy to make and it’s the perfect summer side for a cookout or bbq.
Oh how I love a cucumber salad and I think this is my very favorite one. A combination of mayonnaise, balsamic vinaigrette, Parmesan cheese, and Italian dressing mix gives the cucumbers so much flavor.
In addition to cucumbers, I also like to add cherry tomatoes and some sliced red onion.
I love to eat cucumbers all summer long. They are so refreshing and hydrating. A great way to beat the summer heat.
CREAMY ITALIAN CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE TIPS:
This salad is best made an hour or two in advance so all the flavors have time to meld and the cucumbers get nice and cold.
Since it already has so much flavor, I don’t add any fresh herbs, except a little parsley. You could add some dill or basil.
To make it a little bit spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Additional ingredients can be added. Thinly slices radishes, diced red bell pepper, and cauliflower or broccoli florets are good choices.
Will keep for 2 days in the refrigerator but the cucumbers lose their crispness over time.
Try These Other Amazing Summer Sides:
- Creamy Tomato and Cucumber Chopped Salad
- Southern Hot Honey Butter Corn
- Ginger Sesame Cucumbers
- Summer Succotash
- Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats
Creamy Italian Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian seasoning and dressing mix, I use Good Seasons
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion and toss to coat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.