Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats are a low carb side dish or appetizer with all the flavor of jalapeno poppers. So cheesy with a spicy kick!
I love Jalapeno Popper everything. What’s not to love about the combination of jalapeno, cream cheese, and bacon.
For this recipe, fresh summer zucchini is cut in half lengthwise, some of the flesh is removed and then it is briefly roasted in the oven to get the zucchini partially tender.
Next it is filled with a fabulous mixture of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, jalapenos, and crumbled bacon. They’re then baked in the oven until the cheese is ooey and gooey.
Stuffed Zucchini is a great way to turn excess zucchini into a delicious meal. Zucchini has such a mild flavor. It pairs well with just about anything and it is so full of good nutrition.
Tips for making Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Zucchini:
- Try to find zucchini that are on the wider side.
- Scoop out enough of the flesh so that you have lots of room for the filling, but leave enough so that the zucchini are still sturdy.
- If you want to make this into more of a main dish, you can add cooked shredded chicken to the cream cheese filling.
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Guacamole
- Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats
- 3 large zucchini, halved
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Scrape the seeds out of each zucchini, removing enough so that there is plenty of room for the filling.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder and bacon.
- Divide filling evenly between the zucchini. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.