Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn salad is a creamy, chilled salad that has all the ingredients of a jalapeno popper. Fresh grilled summer corn, jalapenos, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, green onion and shredded cheddar cheese combine to make a wonderful summer side dish.
The corn gives this savory salad a wonderful sweetness and crunch. I like to grill the corn first for extra flavor but you could cook the corn any way you like. The sweetness of the corn pairs so nicely with the heat of the jalapenos. And of course, bacon makes everything taste better.
Tips for making Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad:
- This recipe is very adaptable. Use pepper jack or swiss cheese instead of the cheddar cheese or leave the cheese out altogehter.
- To make a lower fat version, use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and reduced-fat cream cheese and light mayo.
- Instead of grilling the corn, boil or steam it or use canned corn or frozen corn that has been cooked.
- Use more or less jalapeno to alter the heat.
Other corn recipes to try:
- The Best Way to Cook Corn on the Cob– Seriously!
- Crock Pot Jalapeno Creamed Corn– so creamy and spicy.
- Cajun Shrimp and Corn Chowder– pure comfort food in a bowl with lots of spice.
- Frito Corn Salad– similar to this recipe except with the crunch of corn chips and without the heat.
- Slow Cooker Corn Dip– Such an easy appetizer! Perfect for game day.
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn Salad
- 8 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brush ears of corn with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Wrap each ear of corn in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Add corn. Grill for 15 minutes, rotating them every 5 minutes.Let cool and then cut kernels from the cobs.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until smooth.
- Mix in cumin and garlic powder.
- Add corn, bacon, jalapenos, green onion, and cheddar cheese and stir to mix. Serve right away or chill until ready to serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.