Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad, made with cream cheese, bacon, and lots of jalapeno peppers, is a spicy and delicious twist on regular potato salad that is just what you need to heat up your next cookout or picnic.
I love a creamy potato salad. It’s one of my favorite picnic sides. But I like them best when they have lots of flavor like this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad.
Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad has all the flavor of Jalapeno Poppers mixed in with chunks of red potato.
Lots of rich cream cheese, salty crumbled bacon, and shredded Mexican blend cheese, plus plenty of chopped pickled jalapenos.
I leave the skin on the potatoes, but you could peel them if you like. You could also use russet potatoes or Yukon Gold instead.
In addition to using pickled jalapenos, I like to slice a fresh jalapeno and scatter the slices over the top of the potato salad. Not only do you get more jalapeno flavor, but the fresh slices look so pretty and they are easy enough to avoid eating for people who don’t want too much heat in their potato salad.
Watch the short vido below to see how to make Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad
Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil and then simmer until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Drain well. Let cool so that they are still warm, but not hot when adding to potato salad.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and pepper. Don't worry if the cream cheese doesn't get completely smooth.
- Stir potatoes into cream cheese mixture along with pickled jalapenos, green onions, shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Check for seasoning and add salt if desired.
- Sprinkle fresh jalapeno slices on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Picnic Favorites
More Potato Salad Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.