Fried Jalapeno Popper Bites are ultra cheesy with lots of crumbled bacon and diced jalapenos. Fried until golden and served with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping. They are wonderfully crispy on the outside with a gooey cheese filling.
With a cream cheese base and both pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese, these Fried Jalapeno Popper Bites are ultra creamy and rich. If you’ve ever been to Texas Roadhouse, they are very similar to their Rattlesnack Bites. They make a great party appetizer or gameday snack.
HOW TO MAKE FRIED JALAPENO POPPER BITES:
- Mix together the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Be sure the cream cheese is softened so it will easily mix into the other ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into balls that are a little bigger then 1-inch across. Freeze them for 30 minutes. This will help keep them from melting and losing shape in the oil. Note: Or you can make them up to 8 hours in advance and refrigerate them.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a Dutch oven.
- Coat them in seasoned flour mixture, dip them in egg mixture, and coat them in bread crumb/Panko mixture.
- Fry in batches until golden on all sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Best served right away, but can be kept warm in a 200 degree oven.
HOW SPICY ARE THEY?
Pepper Jack cheese, jalapenos, and hot sauce give these fried bites a medium heat with plenty of kick. For less heat, use only 1 jalapeno and cut the hot sauce in half. For more, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the cream cheese mixture.
A combination of bread crumbs and Panko crumbs is my favorite breading for this recipe, but you can use all one or the other.
Try These Other Appetizers With Jalapenos:
- Roasted Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip
- Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos
- Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
Bread Crumb Mixture
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, bacon, hot sauce and garlic powder.
- Shape mixture into balls slightly large than 1-inch. (You should get about 16.)Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, paprika, and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Set aside.
- In a pie plate, combine bread crumbs, Panko crumbs, and salt.
- Pour about 1 inch of oil into a Dutch oven. Heat to 350 degrees.
- While the oil heats, dip the balls in flour, coat in egg mixture and then coat in bread crumb mixture. If oil is not ready, place them in the refrigerator.
- Fry in 2 to 3 batches for about 2 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve warm with dressing for dipping.
Want to Save This Recipe?