Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip is a creamy, hot crab dip full of jalapenos, bacon, and cheese. This appetizer dip really has some kick!
Serve with tortilla chips, toasted baguette slices, or sliced veggies.
What’s To Love About This Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip?
- With a full pound of crab meat, there is tons of crab flavor in this dip.
- The other flavors accentuate, but do not overwhelm the crab. There’s a little Old Bay seasoning, paprika, plus some Worcestershire sauce.
- You can alter the amount of heat by varying the amount of jalapeno. For even more heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- This dip is ultra creamy. A combination of cream cheese and mayonnaise gives it a rich flavor and thick, creamy texture.
- There’s an ample amount of cheddar cheese and bacon plus green onion to finish off the flavors.
- This dip can be prepped ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to pop it in the oven.
- Leftovers will keep for a few days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Leftovers make a great filling for omelets. This is what I look forward to the most when I make this dip.
What Type of Crab To Use?
Fresh Lump crab meat is my favorite type of crab to use for this dip. It’s flavor is superior to other types of crab. It’s downside is it is very expensive. If it is not in the budget, use fresh backfin, special crab meat, or claw meat. Canned crab can be used as a last resort.
When you buy fresh crab, you will need to pick over it for shell pieces. If you have lump crab meat, do this gently. You don’t want to break apart or mush the pieces of crab.
Try These Other Amazing Dips
- Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos
- Hot Jalapeno Bacon Spinach Dip
- Hot Pecan Beef Dip
- Spicy Shrimp Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook the diced jalapeno in the bacon grease for a minute or two to soften it. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a small bowl.
- Spray an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcetershire sauce, Old Bay and paprika until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese, all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon, and half the green onion.
- Gently fold in the crab.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar, bacon, and green onion on top.
- Place the jalapeno slices on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.