Hot Pecan Beef Dip is an old-school party appetizer that’s perfect for the holidays. Cream cheese, dried beef, and cheddar cheese combine to make an easy and creamy dip. Great for spreading on crackers.
Great Holiday Appetizer
Hot Pecan Beef Dip is a cinch to whip up and I love to serve it for Christmas or New Years Eve. It’s basically has the flavors of a cheese ball in a warm and creamy dip.
Tips For Making Hot Pecan Beef Dip
- Dried beef can be found in the canned meat section of the grocery store near the tuna fish and it usually comes in jars. Armour and Hormel are the two brands I see the most. I use a 4.5-ounce jar. If you can only find a jar that is slightly smaller or larger, just use a little more or less dried beef. As long as you have at least 4 ounces of dried beef, you will have enough.
- Dried beef is very salty, making this a very salty dip. I actually like the saltiness, but if you don’t like really salty foods, I recommend soaking the dried beef to remove some of the saltiness. Place it in a bowl of warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. Then drain it and blot it dry with paper towels.
- To make this dip spicy, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
How To Make
To make this Hot Pecan Beef Dip, toast 1 cup of finely chopped pecans in 2 tablespoons of butter. This step will make the pecans fabulously buttery and crunchy.
Place 2 packages of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of sour cream, and some garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to beat the ingredients until smooth.
Then stir in 1 small minced onion, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and a jar of dried beef that you have chopped into small pieces. (Note: Dried beef comes in thin slices.) Stir in 1/3 of the pecans and transfer the mixture to a baking dish. I use a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top and bake for 20 minutes.
Serve with crackers for an easy and tasty holiday appetizer.
More Warm and Creamy Dips
- Crock Pot Reuben Dip
- Vidalia Onion Dip
- Nashville Hot Chicken Dip
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar dried beef, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add pecan and cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Place cream cheese, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, and pepper in a large bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to beat until smooth. (Or you can use a wooden spoon to mix it together.)
- Stir in onion, dried beef, and cheddar cheese, plus 1/3 of the pecans. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top.
- Bake 20 minutes and serve with crackers.
Want to Save This Recipe?