Vidalia Onion Dip is fantastically cheesy and creamy with lots of sweet onion flavor. Only 6 ingredients needed to make this party favorite. Vidalia Onion Dip is a warm appetizer dip that is hard to resist and it’s super easy to make.
Mix everything in a bowl, transfer it to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes. There’s no need to precook the onion first. Just be sure to finely dice the onion. Not only do they cook better that way, but it makes the dip easier to scoop.
A cup of mayonnaise makes this Creamy Vidalia Onion Dip super creamy. A lot of Vidalia Onion Dips have Swiss cheese in them, but this one has a combination of cheddar cheese and American cheese.
This dip is great for entertaining year round and goes wonderfully with pita chips, crackers, tortilla chips, corn chips, toasted bread, potato chips or crudites. It pretty much goes with anything.
If you can’t find Vidalia onions, use any kind of sweet onion.
More Dip Recipes
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Dip
- Neiman Marcus Dip
- Hot Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon and Gruyere
- Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip
- Hot Pecan Beef Dip
Vidalia Onion Dip
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped Vidalia onions
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces American cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together onion, mayonnaise, both cheeses, half of green onions and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining green onions on top and serve.
Originally published July 7, 2018
Recipe adapted from: Cook’s Country Magazine
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.