Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Dip is a warm, cheesy dip full of shrimp. This easy to make party dip is a must for your next get together. It tastes heavenly smeared on fresh toasted baguette.
A simple roux and some heavy cream form the base of this creamy dip. There’s also garlic, green onions, a little Cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, sour cream, and a whole lot of Parmesan cheese.
You’ll want to shred your own Parmesan cheese for this recipe. The flavor is so much better.
The raw shrimp get added just before the dip is placed in the oven. Chop them into bite-sized pieces to make the dip easier to scoop. The dip comes out of the oven with a bubbly, golden coating of cheese on top. Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Dip goes great with toasted baguette or tortilla chips.
If you have any leftovers, try topping your scrambled eggs with a little spoonful for breakfast. So, so good! I’m thinking about making a creamy shrimp dip every week just so I can have some on my eggs. It tastes better than any gourmet breakfast I’ve had at a restaurant.
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes
Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut into bite-sizes pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a nonstick pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour into pan and cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the heavy cream. Add red pepper flakes and Creole seasoning.
- Set aside 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir the rest into the cream mixture until it melts.
- Stir in sour cream and green onions. Stir in shrimp.
- Transfer mixture to a small baking dish. Sprinkle set aside Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn broiler on and broil until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from Will Cook For Smiles