Meet Saucy Shrimp. My favorite appetizer. It just recently entered my life when I first tried it a Bonefish Grill a few months ago. I immediately decided to make a copycat version at home.
This shrimp dish has SO MUCH flavor with a little Mediterranean flair from sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Lots of feta cheese. 🙂
Saucy Shrimp is a little on the sweet side which I love. I added a full tablespoon of sugar but also quite a bit of lime juice.
Serve Saucy Shrimp over warm, crusty bread and you will think you’ve died and gone to heaven.
The sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and feta really make this dish. I love the concentrated tomato taste the sun-dried tomatoes give it and the salty flavor from the olives and feta.
Some heavy cream makes it perfectly rich and heavenly. Enjoy!
Saucy Shrimp (Bonefish Grill Copcat)
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon heaping tomato paste
- 3/4 cup clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and the oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and black pepper and place in pan. Cook just until pink on both sides and remove from pan and set aside. At this point they should be somewhat undercooked because they will finish cooking in the sauce. Careful not to overcook them or they will get rubbery.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to pan along with garlic. Cook garlic for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and clam juice. Stir to mix tomato paste into clam juice. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add white pepper, salt, sugar, lime juice, cream, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan and add olives. Cook just long enough to cook shrimp through (just a minute or 2)
- Crumble feta cheese on top and serve.
More Appetizer Favorites
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.