Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Dip is a super creamy cheese dip full of Italian sausage, white beans, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. Served with crusty fresh bread, crackers, or toasted baguette slices, it makes a hearty appetizer.
This easy dip has so many different flavors. There’s onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and white wine. A combination of cream cheese and shredded 6-Cheese Italian blend makes this dip wonderfully cheesy.
If you love Tuscan flavors like garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes, try these other recipes: Tuscan Chicken Pasta, Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken, and Creamy Tuscan Shrimp.
HOW SPICY IS THIS TUSCAN SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEAN DIP?
The hot Italian sausage and crushed red pepper flakes give this dish a moderate spice level. To make it less spicy, use sweet Italian sausage and reduce the crushed red pepper flakes. For extra heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
SUBSTITUTIONS THAT CAN BE MADE:
- If you don’t want to use sun-dried tomatoes, you can use a can of drained diced tomatoes instead.
- The beans can be left out if you don’t like them.
- Garlic powder (1/2 a teaspoon) can be used instead of fresh garlic.
- Instead of Italian cheese blend, you can use 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- For extra heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper
- If you don’t have white wine, you can leave it out. It will hardly be noticeable. For me, adding wine to recipes is mostly an excuse to drink a glass of wine while I cook.
Try These Other Creamy Dips:
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
- Vidalia Onion Dip
- Hot Muffaletta Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip
- Hot Jalapeno Bacon Spinach Dip
Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Dip
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- 1/2 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dried white wine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans (Northern, navy, or cannelloni), rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded 6-cheese Italian blend
- Cook and crumble Italian sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion when sausage is about halfway cooked.Drain off any grease.
- Place skillet over medium heat and add garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and wine. Simmer until most of wine has evaporated.
- Add cream cheese and stir until it is melted. Stir in spinach and cook until it is wilted. Stir in 1/2 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend and the beans.Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Note: It may not need any.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish. I use a 9-inch pie pan or a 9-inch square baking dish.Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.Serve with fresh French bread slices, crostini, or crackers.
Want to Save This Recipe?
1 thought on “Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Dip”
what a great dish, has so many fun things to eat, a perfect weekend splurge, love the white beans too – cannelloni for me, cream cheese, and course with crusty fresh bread! thank you