Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Dip is a super creamy cheese dip full of Italian sausage, white beans, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. Served with crusty fresh bread, crackers, or toasted baguette slices, it makes a hearty appetizer.
This easy dip has so many different flavors. There’s onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and white wine. A combination of cream cheese and shredded 6-Cheese Italian blend makes this dip wonderfully cheesy.
HOW SPICY IS THIS TUSCAN SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEAN DIP?
The hot Italian sausage and crushed red pepper flakes give this dish a moderate spice level. To make it less spicy, use sweet Italian sausage and reduce the crushed red pepper flakes. For extra heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
SUBSTITUTIONS THAT CAN BE MADE:
- If you don’t want to use sun-dried tomatoes, you can use a can of drained diced tomatoes instead.
- The beans can be left out if you don’t like them.
- Garlic powder (1/2 a teaspoon) can be used instead of fresh garlic.
- Instead of Italian cheese blend, you can use 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- For extra heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper
- If you don’t have white wine, you can leave it out. It will hardly be noticeable. For me, adding wine to recipes is mostly an excuse to drink a glass of wine while I cook.
Try These Other Creamy Dips:
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
- Vidalia Onion Dip
- Hot Muffaletta Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip
- Hot Jalapeno Bacon Spinach Dip
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- 1/2 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dried white wine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans (Northern, navy, or cannelloni), rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded 6-cheese Italian blend
- Cook and crumble Italian sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion when sausage is about halfway cooked.Drain off any grease.
- Place skillet over medium heat and add garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and wine. Simmer until most of wine has evaporated.
- Add cream cheese and stir until it is melted. Stir in spinach and cook until it is wilted. Stir in 1/2 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend and the beans.Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Note: It may not need any.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish. I use a 9-inch pie pan or a 9-inch square baking dish.Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.Serve with fresh French bread slices, crostini, or crackers.
Want to Save This Recipe?