Hot Bacon and Swiss Dip is an insanely delicious dip that’s ultra cheesy with a crispy crushed cracker topping. Serve with crackers or toasted baguette and you have a wonderful party dip.
Even if you aren’t a fan of swiss cheese, you will still love this dip. The swiss cheese melts into the cream cheese and mayonnaise and doesn’t have a strong swiss cheese taste. The taste is mild, but ultra creamy and rich. I’m telling you, this dip is positively addicting. One of my alltime favorite dip recipes.
A Little Zip From Some Horseradish
A tablespoon of horseradish gives this dip just a little zip. I use prepared horseradish which can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. If you have fresh horseradish, by all means use it. To make it hotter, add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes.
This Hot Bacon and Swiss Dip can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Don’t add the cracker crumbs on top until just before baking.
Make It Low Carb
Switch out the cracker crumbs for crushed pork rinds and serve with cucumber slices and you have a fantastic low carb dip.
Kitchen Tools I Use For This Recipe
- Hand-Held Electric Mixer– you can mix everything by hand but a hand-held mixer makes it so quick and easy.
- 9-inch Pie Plate
- Box Grater– Freshly shredded cheese is best for this recipe.
More Warm Creamy Dip Recipes
- Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
- Spicy Shrimp Dip
- Vidalia Onion Dip
- Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos
- Hot Pecan Beef Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed Ritz crackers
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and horseradish to a large bowl. Beat until smooth with a hand-held electric mixer.
- Stir in swiss cheese, bacon and all but a tablespoon of green onion.
- Trasfer mixture to a greased 9-inch pie plate.Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top.Sprinkle remaining green onions on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.