Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos is a creamy, spicy, cheesy dip for tortilla chips that is so good, you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven. Absolutely loaded with hot, gooey cheese, I think this is my very favorite dip with Hot Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon and Gruyere being a close second.
Even though it is served warm from the oven, this Hot Corn Dip still has a summery feel since it is loaded with in season corn.
Note: You could also use frozen corn or even canned corn.
Serve it with tortilla chips, I love the color contrast with the blue tortilla chips, for a wonderful summer party appetizer. I promise it will be gone in record time. It’s completely addicting. You’ll tell yourself- Ok, I’m just going to have one bite and walk away for a while. But you’ll find yourself hovering over the dip like a vulture, stuffing chip after chip in your mouth.
And maybe if no one is looking, you’ll stick your finger in to get the last little bit that is too wedged in the corner to get with a chip.
For convenience, Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos can be prepped ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. Justbake for a few minutes longer when you are ready.
Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add onion, corn, and jalapeno. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add corn mixture to a medium bowl. Let cool slightly and then add all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish coated with cooking spray. You can use a medium (10-inch) cast iron skillet or an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.