Supreme Pizza Dip- This hot, cheesy dip is topped with pizza sauce, crumbled sausage, pepperoni, bell pepper, onion, and black olives. It’s supreme pizza in dip form and it is perfect for gameday.
Serve with bread sticks , toasted baguette, or tortilla chips for a fantastic pizza-flavored appetizer.
This hot and cheesy dip couldn’t be easier to make and assembling it is a great task for kids who are eager to help in the kitchen.
To make it, mix together a block of softened cream cheese, some sour cream, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt. Spread it in the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish. A pie plate is perfect for this.
Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top and then spoon on 1 cup of pizza sauce. Finish off with another 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and the toppings. You can leave off any of the toppings you don’t care for. This dip only needs about 15 minutes in the oven to get warm and gooey.
Tips for making Supreme Pizza Dip:
- This dip can be assembled up to a day ahead of time. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate. If putting directly in the oven from the fridge, add about 5 minutes to the cook time.
- Other great toppings include roasted garlic, sauteed or canned mushrooms, and banana pepper slices.
- Make with a sugar-free pizza sauce and serve with celery sticks for a low carb apppetizer.
More Easy Gameday Dips:
Supreme Pizza Dip
- 1 spicy Italian sausage link
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 2 tablespoons mini pepperoni
- Remove sausage from casing and cook it in a nonstick pan coated with a little oil. Crumble it as it cooks. Once there is no more pink, add onion and geen pepper and cook until just starting to soften, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of mozzarella cheese on top and then pour the pizza sauce evenly over the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and the remaining mozzarella.
- Sprinkle on the sausage, onion, green pepper, pepperoni, and olives.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with breadsticks, toasted baguette, garlic bread, or tortilla chips.