Hot Muffaletta Dip is a creamy, cheesy dip full of olives, roasted red peppers, giardiniera, salami, ham, and mortadella. Makes a great Mardi Gras appetizer.
I like this dip served with toasted baguette or crackers. For a low carb appetizer, serve it with crudites.
What is a Muffaletta?
The muffaletta is a delicious New Orleans sandwich made with Italian meats and olive salad. It dates back to the early 1900s when it was first served at Central Grocery on Decatur St in New Orleans. This dip has all the flavors of a Muffaletta sandwich in a hot, creamy dip.
Hot Muffaletta Dip Recipe Tips:
- If you buy all the ingredients to make Muffaletta sandwiches and have a little of each ingredient left over, this recipe is great for using them up since you just need a little of each ingredient.
- If you don’t want to buy three different meats, leave the mortadella out and just use salami and ham.
- I like to sprinkle a little salami on top with the green onions. It gets wonderfully browned and crispy.
- Be sure to get the cream cheese good and softened or else it will be lumpy when you try to beat it smooth. I let it sit out for a few hours.
- Due to the olives and the meats, this is a fairly salty dip.
- Can be assembled before hand and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Try These Other Muffaletta Recipes:
- Muffaletta Pinwheels– rolled up in flour tortillas.
- Muffaletta Sandwich
- Muffaletta Salad– all the ingredients of a muffaletta in a green salad.
- Muffaletta Pizza
- Muffaletta Panini
Hot Muffaletta Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun or creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives with pimentos
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers, blotted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped giardiniera
- 1/2 cup diced salami
- 1/2 cup diced mortadella
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- Place cream cheese, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer (or wooden spoon) to beat it until smooth.
- Add next 7 ingredients and stir to mix.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.