Muffaletta Quiche is full of chopped olives, roasted red peppers, ham, salami, mortadella and provolone cheese. All of the ingredients of the iconic New Orleans sandwich are present in this delicious quiche.
Perfect for breakfast or lunch. It can be served cold, at room temperature or warm.
Quiches are so easy to make and are perfect for using up the odds and ends in your refrigerator. If you buy all the ingredients to make a Muffaletta Sandwich and you have a little of each ingredient left over, this quiche is perfect for using them up. You don’t need much of each ingredient and the amounts are flexible.
A combination of 5 eggs and 1 cup of heavy cream makes for a really rich quiche.
Muffaletta Quiche Recipe Tips:
- For convenience, I use a refrigerated pie crust but you could use a homemade pie crust or a frozen one.
- Don’t overbake the quiche. The center should be just slightly jiggly when you take it out of the oven. It will firm up as it cools.
- You can leave the mortadella out and just use a little more ham and salami.
- If you only have provolone cheese slices, just cut them into thin strips and make sure they get evenly distributed in the filling.
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Try These Other Muffaletta Recipes:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped green and black olives
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup diced salami
- 1/3 cup diced ham
- 1/3 cup diced mortadella
- 1 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fit pie crust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Crimp the edges. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.Place on baking sheet in case there is any overflow.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.