Crab Rangoon Dip is the dip version of those delicious Crab Rangoons you get at Chinese takeout restaurants. Instead of a cream cheese and crab filling inside a fried wonton, you have a warm creamy, cheesy dip served with crispy wonton chips. So much easier to make than Crab Rangoons and you can really load that creamy, cheesy goodness on your wonton chips.
Creamy and warm crab dips are always hard for me to resist and this one is no exception. I really have to practice restraint to not overeat it.
This dip is super easy to make. Just mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream with the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and green onion. For flavoring, a little lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Then fold in some crab. Canned crab works fine for this recipe.
Bake until hot and bubbly and watch it disappear!
Crab Rangoon Dip
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, preferably freshly shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 (6-ounce) cans of crab meat or 3 (4-ounce) cans, drained well
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Peanut oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until mostly smooth.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, half of Mozzarella cheese, green onion, and crab.
- Place in a greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top and bake 5 more minutes.
- To make wonton chips, pour 2 inches of peanut oil in a Dutch oven. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally. Working in batches, fry until they just start to turn golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season lightly with salt.
More Yummy Dips