Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Jalapenos are the perfect spicy vegetarian appetizer. The filling is wonderfully creamy and cheesy.
Baked vegetarian stuffed jalapenos filled with corn, black beans, cream cheese, and cheddar will spice up your next game day. Pair them with Mini Taco Bites to give your next party some southwestern flair.
I don’t know about you, but once the weather turns chilly, I really need something spicy to heat me up. And there’s nothing like some stuffed jalapenos to generate some heat.
Have you noticed how there’s a huge variation in the heat level of jalapenos sold at the grocery store? Whenever I use them finely minced in something and I really want them to add some serious heat, they end up having no more heat than a bell pepper.
But when I make these and I wouldn’t mind a jalapeno with a little less heat since I’m eating the entire thing at once, they end up being hotter than hell.
Solution- have lots of cold beer handy. Actually an extra spoonful of sour cream probably helps cut the heat more if your mouth is on fire. Plus it tastes really good.
Looking for more jalapeno appetizers? Try these Bacon-Jalapeno Wrapped Tater Tots. They’re my fav! And if stuffed jalapenos are your jam, try these Crab Stuffed Jalapenos and Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers.
Recipe Tips For Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Jalapenos:
The Jalapenos can be stuffed ahead of time and refigerated until you are ready to bake them.
Canned or frozen corn can be used instead of fresh.
- 8 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- sour cream, garnish
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place jalapeno halves cut side up on a large baking sheet.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add corn and onion. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and sauté 2 more minutes. Stir in black beans, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and corn/bean mixture in a medium bowl. Stir until evenly combined.
- Distribute filling evenly between jalapenos. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published November 17, 2013