Deep Fried Jalapeno Slices, aka Bottle Caps, have a super crispy coating and really pack the heat. Dip them in Ranch dressing for a cool finish to this spicy appetizer.
Deep fried appetizers are my absolute favorite. Everything tastes better fried. Among my favorite fried foods,………..these Deep Fried Jalapeno Slices.
They have a wonderful batter that fries up both crispy and light. Frying jalapenos takes some bite out of them, but they still have plenty of heat. I like to douse them in Ranch dressing to cool them off a little.
You’ll need about 8 to 10 fresh jalapenos for this recipe. With the amount of batter this recipe makes, you can probably fry about 18 to 20. Which you’ll want to do if you are making these for game day. They will go in a hurry! Especially when you have some cold beer to serve them with.
These jalapenos are coated in a beer batter so they are perfect for game day and serving with beer. You can use Guinness or any light beer. I’d stay away from really hoppy IPAs. They might throw the flavor off.
I fry in vegetable oil, but you could use Canola oil or peanut oil. I find the heat level really varies from jalapeno to jalapeno.
A deep-frying thermometer is really handy for making sure the oil temperature stays around 350 to 365 degrees.
More Fried Favorites
- Beer Battered Fried Pickles
- Beer Battered Onion Rings
- Fried Asparagus
- Fried Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make:
Deep Fried Jalapeno Slices
- 1 large egg
- 1 (12-ounce) beer
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 to 10 jalapenos, sliced
- vegetable oil
- Ranch dressing for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, beer and baking powder.
- When smooth, whisk in seasoned salt and flour.
- Pour 2 inches of vegetable oil into a Dutch oven. Heat oil to 365 degrees F.
- Add jalapenos to batter.
- Fry the jalapenos in batches. Do not crowd the pan. Fry until golden brown on each side. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with Ranch dressing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
3 thoughts on “Deep Fried Jalapeno Slices”
Easy to make, and very tasty. Mine didn’t come out crunchy, but more the texture of yorkshire pudding. Either way, would definitely recommend. Wish I could leave a picture.
delicious on pulled pork nachos, and to eat separately. Will do this again!