Cajun Crab Stuffed Jalapenos are stuffed full of cream cheese, fresh crab meat, cheddar cheese, and bacon. This spicy appetizer is wonderfully creamy and cheesy with plenty of kick.
Cajun Crab Stuffed Jalapenos
The slight sweetness of crab pairs wonderfully with jalapenos. Cajun Crab Stuffed Jalapenos make an easy gameday or party appetizer. The filling can be made up to 24 hours in advance and you can even go ahead and stuff the filling into the jalapenos a day in advance. Then you just have to pop them in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes and they are ready to serve. So easy.
Tips For Making
- Be sure to get the largest jalapenos you can find. You want them to be able to hold a lot of the yummy filling.
- Unfortunatley store-bought jalapenos can vary a lot in heat from being barely hotter than a bell pepper to being very spicy. There’s really no way to know the heat level until you bite into them.
- Try to be sure the stuffed jalapenos are level on the baking sheet and not tilted. The filling will ooze out if they are tilted. You can prop them against each other if you need to.
- I like to use fresh lump crab meat. Don’t waste your money on jumbo lump crab. Save that for crab cakes. Lump crab meat is still very pricey so feel free to use backfin or claw crab meat. Only use canned crab as a last result. It has so little flavor compared to fresh crab.
More Crab Recipes
- Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp
- Crab Hush Puppies
- Crab and Corn Chowder
- Deviled Crab
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Crab Imperial
- Curried Crab Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat, I use lump crab meat
- 10 large jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and cheddar cheese.
- Add bacon, green onions, and crab and gently stir in.
- Cut each jalapeno in half. Scoop out the seeds and white membrane.
- Stuff jalapenos with cream cheese mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Nutritional info is provided as a guide only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods used.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.