Jalapeno Relish is just what you need to spice up your hot dogs and burgers this summer. It’s the perfect spicy, tangy condiment and simple to make from jarred pickled jalapenos and dill pickle chips.
In addition to pickled jalapenos and dill pickles, there’s also onion, garlic, black pepper, fresh dill, and a little tequila mixed in for flavor. If you don’t have tequila, just leave it out. It will still taste delicious.
Since you start with jarred jalapenos and pickles, it only takes a few minutes to make this jalapeno relish and it can pretty much be eaten right away. It gets even better after a few days.
You can either chop the jalapenos and pickles by hand or use a food processor.
How To Serve
This spicy relish will magically transform your burgers and hot dogs from bland to gourmet. But don’t stop there, use it to add some heat to your sandwiches too and if you like jalapenos on your scrambled eggs, try them with some of this jalapeno relish.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks.
More Jalapeno Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Jalapeno Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Jalapenos
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burritos
- Hot Jalapeno Bacon Spinach Dip
- Jalapeno Beer Bread
- 2 cups sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 cup dill pickle chips
- 1 tablespoon Tequila
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. (Or you can finely chop the jalapenos and pickles with a knife and then mix them with the other ingredients.)
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
Originally posted July 31, 2017.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.