Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burritos are filled with a cream cheese mixture with shredded chicken, bacon, jalapenos, and Mexican cheese. So creamy, spicy, and good. The tortillas are pan-fried to get them crispy on the outside.
This is a great make-ahead recipe. The burritos can be formed and wrapped tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. They they just need to be pan-fried until crispy on all sides.
The filling can also be made a day or two in advance. Then you have a super easy weeknight meal that is so delicious.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burritos are a great way to use up leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
The amount of jalapenos can be toned down if you don’t want them spicy. If you want them super spicy, add extra jalapenos. Want to cool them down a little? Serve them with Ranch dressing or guacamole.
In addition to the cream cheese and chicken filling, I also like to stuff these burritos with some Mexican rice.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burritos make a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Serve them with some Pineapple-Cinnamon Margaritas.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burritos have so much spicy, salty, and creamy flavor!
More Jalapeno Popper Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Guacamole
- Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced canned jalapenos
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 package Mexican rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and chicken until well blended.
- Stir in jalapenos, bacon, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Place flour tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- For each tortilla, mound 1/6 of rice and 1/6 of chicken mixture in center. Sprinkle cheese on top. Fold side closest to you over filling. Fold the sides up and roll it away from you.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of oil to a large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add 2 burritos and cook until golden and crispy on all sides. repeat with remaining burritos.
Want to Save This Recipe?