Spicy Pineapple Guacamole has a wonderful spicy-sweet flavor combo from fresh jalapeno and chunks of juicy pineapple.
Creamy, sweet, and spicy. What’s not to love?
Especially when you add some salty tortilla chips. So much flavor!
Spicy Pineapple Guacamole is a welcome addition to any summer party.
I am obsessed with avocados. In my mind they are the perfect food. They have such an amazing creaminess, yet are supremely healthy. They seem almost too good to be true.
I can eat avocado with just about anything. I love to put them on sandwiches and burgers. They lend so much creaminess that a condiment really isn’t necessary.
They’re great in salads and smoothies.
But of course the quintessential way to eat avocado is in guacamole. Usually I’m one to believe that when it comes to guacamole, simple and basic is best.
But pineapple adds a fun and tropical dimension to guacamole and really makes it scream summer. Plus I’m always up for more sweetness in my life!
Keep with the pienapple theme and make these Pineapple Margaritas to go with this guacamole!
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Spicy Pineapple Guacamole
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Slice avocados in half, remove pits and scoop flesh into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap, placing the plastic wrap right on the surface, and refrigerate.
More Mexican-Style Appetizers