Mexican Coleslaw is loaded with South of the Border flavors and is perfect for any cookout or BBQ. It also pairs well with tacos, fajitas, and the like.
A cool, creamy, and crunchy coleslaw is hard to resist, but add some bold flavors and spice and you really have something that is crave-worthy.
This fresh-tasting Mexican Coleslaw is full of bold flavors.
I started with a bag of coleslaw mix for convenience, but you could most certainly shred your own cabbage. I added in some shredded red cabbage for some color. What really makes this coleslaw special is all the extra ingredients added in. It’s more like a salad than a typical coleslaw.
Black beans, corn, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapenos add so much flavor and color. It really is a beautiful coleslaw!
The creamy base of this Mexican Coleslaw is made from mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and taco seasoning. The taco seasoning really adds some bold flavor and livens it up.
Just before serving I sprinkle some pepitas on top for extra crunch. You could also use sunflower seed, or even almonds.
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (14-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels, preferably grilled corn
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and taco seasoning in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage mix, red cabbage, black beans, corn, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Add mayonnaise mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pepitas just before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling
More Coleslaw Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.