Cranberry Pecan Coleslaw is perfectly creamy, sweet, and tangy. Makes a great side for a cookout and it takes only minutes to prep.
I love a good coleslaw recipe. Scroll down for more coleslaw recipes. The crunchy texture is amazing.
For this coleslaw, the creamy dressing is a blend of mayonnaise and sour cream with a little apple cider vinegar added for tang and honey added for sweetness. The cranberries give this coleslaw little bursts of sweetness and toasted pecans add more crunch.
Since this Cranberry Pecan Coleslaw is made with coleslaw mix, it is super quick and easy to prep.
CRANBERRY PECAN COLESLAW RECIPE TIPS:
- You want to mix the ingredients together at least 1 hour in advance so the flavors have time to marry, but I don’t recommend making it more than 8 hours in advance or it will lose its crunch.
- Walnuts or almonds can be used instead of pecans.
- Instead of using coleslaw mix, you can use fresh cabbage and shred it yourself instead of using packaged coleslaw mix.
- Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream.
- Don’t mix the pecans in until last minute so they don’t lose their crunch.
- If you want to prep more than 8 hours ahead of time, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and combine the coleslaw mix, green onions, and cranberries in a second bowl. Then all you have to do is mix the two together and add the pecans.
Try These Other Amazing Coleslaw Recipes:
- Sweet Vinegar Coleslaw– a sweet and tangy non-mayo based coleslaw.
- Blue Cheese Bacon Coleslaw– the perfect tangy/salty side dish.
- Mexican Coleslaw– loaded with South of the Border flavors.
- Caesar Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the next 3 ingredients and stir to mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with pecans just before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.