I love southern pulled pork (what we call barbecue) and I love burritos. These Pulled Pork Burritos with Cheesy Sour Cream Sauce marry the two together. And you can’t go wrong with anything covered in a cheesy, creamy sauce!
For these Pulled Pork Burritos, you can use some pork that you’ve cooked in the crock pot or you could get a container of pulled pork at the grocery store. Look for it near the packaged lunch meats. My favorite thing to do is to get a pound of pulled pork from my favorite bbq restaurant. If the pulled pork you use doesn’t have any or only a little sauce, you will want to add a few tablespoons of BBQ sauce to it for flavor.
Because pulled pork has so much flavor on its own, I kept the other filling ingredients simple. Just some cooked Mexican rice from one of those packets at the grocery store and some shredded cheese. They all get wrapped up in a flour tortilla and baked until crispy.
While they bake, you make a delicious cheesy sour cream sauce to spoon over them.
The sauce really helps flavor these burritos up but I also like to add some salsa and fresh cilantro.
How To Make Pulled Pork Burritos Spicy?
My favorite way to make these burritos spicy is to serve them with lots of Cholulu Hot Sauce.
This recipe is totally easy enough for a weeknight meal.
Great Sides to Go With These Burritos:
Pulled Pork Burritos with Cheesy Sour Cream Sauce
- 4 burrito-size tortillas
- 1 pound pulled pork
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce (only use if pulled pork doesn't already have sauce mixed in)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 1/3 cups cooked Mexican rice
Cheesy Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced yellow or sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 (4-ounce) can green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- chopped fresh cilantro and salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and lay a damp paper towel on top. Microwave for 30 seconds. (This will make them more pliable.)
- Mix BBQ sauce with pulled pork.
- Divide pulled pork, rice, and cheese evenly between tortillas and roll up burrito style.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and spray each burrito with cooking spray to help the tortilla crisp up.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- While burritos are in the oven, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Sprinkle flour into saucepan. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Add green chilies, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and simmer 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
- Keep warm and stir in sour cream and cheese just before ready to serve.
- Spoon sauce over burritos. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and add some salsa if desired.
More Mexican Favorites