Frozen Peach Margaritas- with lots of fresh peach flavor, these frozen margaritas are ultra refreshing and make a great summer cocktail.
Who doesn’t like a cold, fruity cocktail on a hot summer day.
Use Fresh or Frozen Peaches
You can use fresh, ripe peaches or frozen peaches from the store. However, if using fresh peaches, you will want to peel them, slice them and then stick them in the freezer ahead of time so that you can get the nice frozen texture in these margaritas.
You will need to make an easy simple syrup in advance so it has time to cool down. I just heat sugar and water in the microwave until the sugar dissolves. It will keep in the refrigerator for a week or longer.
Frozen Peach Margaritas Recipe Tips
Use a good quality Blanco (Silver) Tequila for the best tasting margaritas. Strawberries can easily be substituted for the peaches to make Frozen Strawberry Margaritas.
Grand Marnier can be used instead of Triple Sec.
How To Serve
Run a lime wedge around the rims of margarita glasses and dip them in coarse salt or coarse sugar. Whichever you prefer. Or use a mixture or salt and sugar. Garnish with a fresh lime slice if desired.
More Summer Cocktail Recipes
- Blackberry Mint Juleps– the flavor of the mint combined with the sweet tartness of fresh blackberries.
- Mojito Slushies– This frozen rum, lime, and mint cocktail is so refreshing. Perfectly tart and sweet.
- Strawberry Shortcake Sangria– a combination of fresh strawberry syrup, fresh strawberries, cake-flavored vodka, and moscato wine.
- Honeysuckle Watermelon Cocktail– a refreshing vodka cocktail with a gorgeous color.
- Pineapple-Cinnamon Margarita– have a wonderful tropical flavor.
Frozen Peach Margaritas
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 cups frozen sliced peaches
- 1 cup tequila
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 3 cups ice
- coarse salt or coarse sugar
- Lime Slices for garnish
- Place sugar and water in a glass measuring cup. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave for another 20 seconds. Stir until sugar is melted. Let cool completely and then refrigerat until needed.Note: This step can be done a day in advance.
- Add frozen peach slices, tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec, ice and 1/3 cup simple syrup to a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Taste test and add a little more simple syrup if not sweet enough.
- Run a lime wedge around the rims of glasses. Pour coarse salt or sugar into a shallow bowl or plate. Dip glass rims in salt.
- Pour Margarita mixture into glasses.