Mojito Slushies are perfectly tart and sweet. This frozen rum, lime, and mint cocktail is so refreshing. The mojito is such a colorful great-tasting drink and it tastes even better frozen.
This recipe is super easy to make with a box of lime gelatin. Just mix the ingredients together, pour into one or two ziptop bags and place in the freezer overnight. It will keep for weeks in the freezer. Ideal to have on hand for an impromtu summer party.
Add a little fresh mint and a lime slice for garnish and it is the perfect summer cocktail that would cost big bucks at a bar. Great for enjoying pool side.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MOJITO SLUSHIES:
- 1 box lime gelatin
- fresh mint
- 2 cans frozen limeade concentrate
- Grapefruit Soda– Sprite or 7-Up can be used instead.
- Rum– I use light rum.
I love this method for making a frozen cocktail. No blender needed! And the drink doesn’t get watery as it melts.
The frozen mixture will be on the sweet side with a really strong flavor. Add grapefruit juice, Sprite, or club soda to lessen the sweetness.
If you want a stronger cocktail, you can add a splash of rum to each glass.
Try These Other Summer Cocktails:
- Honeysuckle Watermelon Cocktail– a refreshing vodka cocktail.
- Peach Wine Slushies– a frozen drink with tons of peach flavor.
- Blackberry Mint Juleps– a great bourbon cocktail for summer.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cocktail– has such a gorgeous color and tastes like dessert!
- Berry Mojitos
- 1 (3-ounce) package lime gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup grapefruit soda
- 1 cup rum
- additional grapefruit soda for serving
- lime wedges and fresh mint for serving
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in the boiling water. Add the mint.Let sit for 20 minutes.Remove mint and discard.
- Combine lime/mint mixture, thawed limeade concentrate, cold water, soda, and rum in a 2 1/2-quart freezer container or large ziptop bag.Freeze overnight.
- To serve, scoop about 2/3 cup of slush into a glass. Top off the glass with grapefruit soda.Note: Club soda can be used instead of Grapefruit soda.Garnish with lime and mint.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home