Fresh blueberries and raspberries give these Berry Mojitos a delightful flavor and a fantastic color. They’ll be a hit at any summer celebration
Happy Independence Day everyone! I know everyone is enjoying picnics, parades, family time, ice cream, and maybe some boating on the lake. We’ll be enjoying a few Berry Mojitos and some gorgeous, sunny South Carolina weather. This morning was so beautiful, not an ounce of humidity in the air. A rare treat for us in July. We got a nice walk in with our dog in case the fireworks have her too skittish to go outside later.
We live where it’s legal to set off your own fireworks so they’ll be randomly going off tonight all over our neighborhood and probably most of tomorrow night too. We’ll be heading to the Charlotte Knights baseball game in their new Uptown Charlotte Stadium. Their old stadium was just a few miles from our house and we miss having them close by, but their new stadium is really awesome.
Whether for a patriotic celebration or any day of the summer, Berry Mojitos with fresh blueberries and raspberries are sure to please. Fresh berries and mint are muddled with lime and light rum, and to pop the flavor up a bit and give the drink a fantastic color a little blueberry pie filling is added to the mix.
This recipe makes a strong drink. Add more club soda if it’s too strong or a little simple syrup if you need to sweeten it up.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup club soda
- mint and berries for garnish
- Place raspberries, blueberries, lime juice, mint in a pitcher. Use a wooden spoon to muddle the berries and mint. Add rum and stir.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and pour rum mixture into glasses, leaving a little room.
- Add a few splashes of club soda to each glass.
- Garnish with mint and berries.
More Summer Cocktails
Disclosure- This post may contain affiliate links.