Honeysuckle Watermelon Cocktail is a refreshing vodka cocktail with a gorgeous color. It screams summer!
This delicious and refreshing cocktail is a combination of fresh watermelon and honeysuckle vodka. It’s a match made in heaven. The sweet flavor of summer watermelon combines magnificently with honeysuckle.
If you grew up in the south, you no doubt have memories of picking the trumpet-shaped honeysuckle flowers from the vine, pulling out the stamen, and touching the end of it to your tongue to capture that extra sweet drop of nectar. With Honeysuckle Vodka you can add that sweet floral flavor to any cocktail.
If you go to a well-stocked liquor store in the south, you should be able to find Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka which is made in Mississippi. It has a slight sweetness to it and it goes well with fruity and citrusy flavors.
This Honeysuckle Watermelon Cocktail also has lemon-lime soda for a little carbonation and fresh lime juice plus Triple Sec. If you want a stiffer drink, add extra vodka.
It’s a summer cocktail that’s perfect for sipping on a rocking chair or a front porch swing. So sweet and refreshing!
More Summer Cocktails:
Honeysuckle Watermelon Cocktails
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup honeysuckle vodka
- 1 cup Sprite or 7-Up
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- mint, watermelon wedges, lime slices for garnish
- Combine watermelon and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-meshed strainer.Transfer to a pitcher.
- Add vodka, Sprite, Triple Sec, and lime juice.
- Stir and pour into cocktail glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish as desired.
Recipe adapted from Southern Appetizers
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.