Strawberry Shortcake Sangria combines fresh strawberry syrup, fresh strawberries, cake-flavored vodka, and moscato wine in a deliciously refreshing spring and summer cocktail.
I love a fruity drink. Not only is this one full of fruit flavor, it tastes like dessert! It is a little sweeter and boozier than you typical sangria.
Sangria can be made with lots of different fruits and combinations of fruits. Strawberries are absolutely perfect for sangria.
I used a bottle of moscato wine but you could use rose or even a white wine. The cake-flavored vodka and strawberry simple syrup add some sweetness to this sangria.
Strawberry Shortcake Sangria Recipe Tips
- If the sangria is too sweet or strong or you just want a few bubbles, add some club soda.
- Be sure all your ingredients are chilled. You want your sangria to be cold and refreshing.
- You can use either cake-flavored vodka or whipped cream-flavored vodka. They have similar flavors.
- The strawberry syrup can be made a day or two ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Be sure to save a few whole strawberries to garnish with. I also like lime slices and mint for garnish.
Try These Other Amazing Summer Cocktails
- Pineapple Upside Down Cocktail– like a dessert in a cocktail glass. Gorgeous color and so sweet!
- Spicy Tequila Sunrise– a colorful drink with a little kick from jalapenos.
- Berry Mojitos– with fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- Honeysuckle Watermelon Cocktail– this cocktail screams summer!
- Peach Wine Slushies– so easy!
- Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita– made with jalapeno-infused tequila.
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
- Mojito Slushies
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bottle pink Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup cake-flavored or whipped cream-flavored vodka
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- club soda
- Make simple syrup. Place strawberries, water, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Let cool.Pour through a strainer and discard the strawberries.
- Combine the strawberry syrup, wine, vodka, and sliced strawberries in a pitcher.
- To serve, fill glasses 2/3 full with sangria and top off with club soda.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling.