Black Bean and Corn Salsa is a colorful salsa packed with flavor and is wonderfully healthy. It’s such a great summer appetizer and it is easily tweaked to suit your tastes.
Black beans and corn are a natural combination. The heartiness of beans pairs really well with the sweet flavor of corn. This is one of my very favorite salsas. It can be made in advance and it makes a great stress-free party appetizer.
I really love that this recipe makes use of pantry staples. I’ve been stocking up on a lot of them since I’ve been making less frequent trips to the store.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa can be thrown together very quickly. There’s not even much chopping needed. You will need to refrigerate it for a little while before serving so that the flavors have time to blend.
This recipe is really customizable and there’s no need to stick to precise measurements. A green pepper can be used instead of a red pepper. More or less jalapeno can be used. More or less lime juice can be used and a chopped tomato or avocado can be added. Frozen corn can be used instead of canned if you prefer it.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa is gluten-free and tastes great with tortilla chips or with grilled chicken or fish. It can also be served as a side salad.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
To make this salsa spicier, add Cholulu Hot Sauce.
Try These Other Salsa Recipes:
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teapsoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and cilantro.Toss to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.