If you’re looking for a slightly different fruit salsa for summer entertaining, you have to try this Spicy Watermelon Salsa. The contrast of sweet and spicy is so good, especially on a salty tortilla chip.
I’m obsessed with watermelon. TOTALLY obsessed. Sometimes on a hot summer day, I cut up a whole watermelon and eat nothing for supper but a HUGE bowl of watermelon. It is so good and so hydrating.
I’m also obsessed with fruit salsas during the summer. A sweet salsa on a salty, crispy tortilla chip = HEAVEN!
The key to this Spicy Watermelon Salsa is chopping everything up very, very small so that it is easy to scoop and you get all the flavors in one bite.
To compliment the watermelon I add cucumber, red onion, and yellow bell pepper. Just a little of each though. I like this salsa to be mostly watermelon. A few jalapenos and some red pepper flakes get added for some heat. A little lime juice and a bit of honey get added for flavor, plus a whole lot of cilantro (if you like it).
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 3 cups finely chopped watermelon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapenos in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, honey, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Pour lime juice mixture over watermelon mixture and toss to mix.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Watermelon Recipes