Avocado and Corn Salsa is a fresh, healthy appetizer with so many gorgeous colors and texture contrasts. Avocado and corn are the main ingredients but there’s also red onion, jalapeno, red bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, grape tomatoes, garlic, and cumin. This salsa has so many amazing flavors in every bite.
This Avocado and Corn Salsa tastes great with tortilla chips but it also makes a wonderful topping for grilled chicken and fish and a nice addition to burritos. Or you can try topping a taco salad with it. So many options!
There’s so much awesome texture in this salsa. The corn adds some crunch and the creamy texture of the avocado can’t be beat. Especially when paired with crunchy, salty tortilla chips.
Tips for making Avocado and Corn Salsa:
- The lime juice will help keep the avocados from turning brown, but even still this salsa does not save very well. It tends to look unappealing after 24 hours even if you wrap it well. If you need to make it a day in advance, wait to add the avocado just before serving.
- You can use canned corn or frozen corn instead of fresh corn.
- Be sure to add plenty of salt. I find avocados really need it to taste their best.
- This recipe is easily customizable. Add some more lime juice if you want it really citrusy. Stir in half a cup of your favorite salsa if you want to give it more tomato flavor. Add some crushed red pepper flakes or minced chipotle peppers for more heat.Or add some black beans for more heartiness.
More Salsa and Guacamole Recipes:
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 4 ears corn, cooked and kernels cut off
- 3 medium avocados, diced
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.