Beef and Bean Burritos are super easy to make and are an economical family meal. The filling can be made ahead of time and it just takes minutes to finish them off. They can be served with salsa, sour cream, and avocado for a delicious Mexican meal.
Mexican food is pure comfort food and it is really easy to make a home-cooked meal that tastes just as good if not better than your favorite Mexican menu item at your local Mexican restaurant.
These Beef and Bean Burritos are filled with an easy ground beef and canned refried bean mixture. Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make this tasty recipe.
How To Make Beef and Bean Burritos
(More detailed directions below.)
You’ll start by browning 1 pound of ground beef. Add a packet of taco seasoning and a can of refried beans. Mix it all together.
For each burrito, spoon some ground beef mixture onto a large flour tortilla. Top it with a little cooked Mexican rice and shredded cheese. Roll them up burrito-style and then brown them on all sides in a little oil to get them wonderfully crispy.
Make It Spicy
To make these burritos spicy, use “Hot” taco seasoning and serve with Cholulu Hot Sauce.
Freeze For Later
These burritos can easily be frozen for later use. Just roll them up and then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. When ready to use them, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or defrost them in the microwave.
What To Serve with Beef and Bean Burritos
- Fire-Roasted Salsa
- Jalapeno Popper Guacamole
- Refried Black Beans
- Mexican Coleslaw
- Spicy Black Beans
- Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 6 large (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Mexican rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- vegetable oil
- Cilantro, sour cream, salsa, avocado for serving
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large nonstick skillet. Add taco seasoning and stir it in well.
- Add beans and stir in.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place 1/6 of the ground beef mixture in the middle of each tortilla. Top with rice and cheese.
- Roll up burrito style.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan. Cook 2 burritos at a time, turning them to brown all sides.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted April 19, 2019.