Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce made from a combo of fresh cranberries and dried cranberries is far superior in taste to canned cranberry sauce.
Orange juice gives it a nice citrus flavor and a combination of white sugar and brown sugar makes it wonderfully sweet. This hands-off recipe is a breeze to add to your Thanksgiving menu.
This cranberry sauce recipe is so easy. The crock pot does all the work. It just takes maybe 5 minutes to add the ingredients to the slow cooker.
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces Fresh Cranberries– frozen cranberries can be used instead.
- Granulated Sugar– helps balance the tartness of the cranberries.
- Brown Sugar– I use light brown.
- Orange Juice– Fresh squeezed is best.
- Dried Cranberries– add extra sweetness and cranberry flavor.
- Orange Zest– boosts the orange flavor without adding extra liquid.
How Long To Cook
Cook the cranberry mixture on HIGH for 3 hours. Then uncover it and cook another 30 minutes. This will help it thicken up some. It will thicken more as it cools.
Can You Make Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce Ahead Of Time?
Yes! In fact it’s best to make it ahead because you want time for it to chill in the refrigerator. At least 8 hours or ovenight is best, but it can be made up to 3 days in advance.
What Size Slow Cooker To Use?
A 3 to 4-quart slow cooker is perfect for this recipe.
This recipe can easily be doubled and made in a 6-quart slow cooker.
What Can I Do With Extra Cranberry Sauce?
- Use it to top pancakes.
- Use it to top cheesecake or ice cream.
- Use it for these Thanksgiving Wontons.
- Goes great with a roasted Pork Loin.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small (3 to 4-quart) slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Uncover and cook 30 minutes.
- Stir in dried cranberries and orange zest.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.