Thanksgiving Wontons turn Thanksgiving leftovers into a delightful appetizer.. They fry up super crispy and are stuffed with turkey, cream cheese, a little stuffing, and cranberry sauce.
Thanksgiving Wontons are simple to make. The only tricky part is making sure the wontons are completely sealed. You’ll want to moisten the edges with water and then fold them over in a triangle. Wonton wrappers dry out really quickly and will tear easily once they do. Cover them with a few damp paper towels while you are working with them and keep your formed wontons covered with a damp paper towel until you fry them.
They fry up really fast so it’s best to have your wontons formed and ready to go. I fry about 4 at a time and they only take about a minute per side.
Serve with a little leftover cranberry sauce perked up with some lime juice and jalapeno.
Thanksgiving Wontons Recipe Tip:
Wonton wrappers dry out quickly. When you take them out of the package, have everything ready to go and cover them with a damp paper towel.
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup leftover stuffing
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce or about 1 1/3 cups leftover cranberry sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespooon lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together turkey, stuffing, cream cheese, and 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining cranberry sauce with the lime juice and jalapeno. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place 1 tablespoon of turkey filling in center of each wonton wrapper. Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel so they don't dry out. Moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over the filling to form a triangle and press edges to seal. Repeat.
- Pour about 1 to 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven. Heat oil to 375 degrees. Before you drop the wontons in the oil, check to make sure edges are completely sealed. Fry wontons 4 at a time until golden brown on both sides. This will only take 30 to 60 seconds per side.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with cranberry salsa.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
More Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes